So Jeff has posted more details about Matt Mullenweg’s upcoming appearance on the WordPress Weekly podcast. The live interview will be on May 23rd, starting at 9PM eastern.
Some questions and topics that Jeff has planned on talking about include:
- WordPress Trademark Usage
- Status Updates on all projects under the Automattic umbrella
- The new hire along with the scaling of WordPress
- The future of WordPress
- I’ll have Matt explain how the new 2.5 dashboard design became a reality
- I’ll ask him how the guy who doesn’t know PHP from their ABC can contribute to the development of WordPress
I am also hoping that the topic of themes is brought up again as the “official” WordPress theme site is still dead, and not a great way for fostering community support and development in that arena. Plugins have been given a lot of “love”, and now I think it is time for themes to be given some attention.
I am looking forward to all of the things Jeff asks, as well as Matt’s responses. I think it will be a great episode and a great reminder of how far the WordPress Weekly podcast has come as well as how focused on community that Matt Mullenweg is.
You should all check it out live on May 23rd, 9PM eastern. The instructions on joining the live podcast are on Jeff’s site under WordPress Weekly and he recently put up instructions on his blog on how to use X-Lite to call in.